Place and date of Birth: Thessaloniki, July 18, 1980
Marital status: Married, one child
She is a graduate of:
- the Harvard Law School (LL.M. – focus on arbitration);
- the University Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (Master’s in International Law and Arbitration; graduated first and summa cum laude);
- the University Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (Degree in law with specialization in International Law; graduated first and summa cum laude); and
- the Athens College (Valedictorian, summa cum laude).
English, French, German.
- She is a lawyer and a member of the Athens Bar Association and the New York Bar Association.
- During her postgraduate studies in France, she worked as an assistant professor at the University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas), teaching first-year law students.
- After her postgraduate studies in the USA, she worked as a litigation attorney at the law firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP based in New York.
- Since 2007, she practices law in Greece. She is a partner at Kerameus & Partners Law Firm in Athens (Greece).
Social / Public Welfare Activities
She is active in the field of social/public welfare:
- She is a founding member and until recently President of the Non-profit Foundation “Desmos” (desmos.org), which locates surplus from companies and individuals to cover needs of our most vulnerable citizens and social welfare organizations.
- During her working years in New York, she was awarded a pro bono legal services award for legal services she offered to New York homeless groups.
- In 2014 she was appointed member of the Legislative Committee charged with drafting a legislative framework for the organization, operation and supervision of the Non-Governmental Organizations.
She is Vice-President of the Harvard Club of Greece – Board of Directors.
Parliamentary – Political Activities
- On January 25, 2015 she was elected as a Member of the Hellenic Parliament (State Constituency) with the New Democracy Party and was re-elected on September 20, 2015.
- She is currently serving as the Head of the Education, Research and Religious Affairs Sector of the New Democracy Party.
- She is a member of the following Parliamentary committees:
- Standing Committee on Cultural and Educational Affairs
- Special Permanent Committee on Research and Technology
- Commitee on Demographics
- She is a member of the Parliamentary Friendship Groups of France, Russia and China and the Vice-President of the Group of Finland.
- During the previous Parliamentary Term, she furthermore participated in the following committees:
- Standing Committee on Public Administration, Public Order and Justice
- Special Permanent Committee on the Penitentiary System and Other Forms of Confinement of Detainees
- Special Permanent Committee on monitoring the decisions of the European Court of Human Rights
- Special Permanent Committee on Institutions and Transparency
- She served as a Parliamentary Spokesperson of the New Democracy Party from January until November 2016 and as the Responsible for the Administrative Reform and E-Government Sector of the New Democracy Party from March 2015 until January 2016.